Thursday 3 March 2011

Setting the World on Fire

So OK, I haven't made the best-sellers lists yet. But this kindle thing is curiously addictive. I can't resist the temptation to keep checking the stats on Amazon. Some good reviews, but so far they're from people I know - what I want is for people I don't know to take a look. I feel like I'm coming out of the closet at work, as slowly people are starting to pick up on the fact that I write (mostly due to the amazingly talented Pete Gorrell who has designed my covers for me). It was lovely to get a response from a work colleague who'd bought and enjoyed my novel - a response from a reader, rather than a writer and somebody who is less concerned with plot and point of view and structure, and more interested in whether it was a page-turning read (apparently it was). So my confidence is slowly building, although I expect to be contemplating the motorway bridge when I get my first bad review, which will happen. Can't please everyone. 


But I'm glad I did it. So far, anyway

No comments: